Sunday 23rd April 2017
Lough Inagh: Lough Inagh, Connemara, Ireland
The Connemarathon (Connemara International Marathon) is one of the world’s most scenic events, set in the dramatic scenery of the west of Ireland. 2017 will mark its sixteenth year in running, growing in numbers each year from 73 runners to our sell out point, in excess of 3,000 runners. The next Connemarathon will take place on Sunday 23rd April 2016. We look forward to meeting you!
The key to the event's success has been its ability to offer a unique package of experience. The popular sport of long-distance running is transformed for runners and walkers in the dramatic setting of mountains, glacier lakes, rugged green-brown landscape which winds in and around the challenging mountain wilderness of Galway in the west of Ireland. The course meanders past bogs, hills, lakes, and the Twelve Pin mountains rising up over the great expanse of Killary Lough, through the quiet village of Leenane, around the Maam Turk Mountains and all the way back up to Maam Cross. International participants enjoy the Irish welcome, the sense of comradeship on the lonely route and unmistakable buzz throughout the day. No other sporting event sends people away with such a taste of Ireland and all its highlights.
The €70 entry fee covers:
– online card processing fee
– bus transfer from Galway, Oughterard and Clifden directly to race start.
– the race, including all the usual race support along the route.
– 250ml sports cap bottles of water every 3 miles approx.
– toilets at the start, finish and every 3 miles.
– medical personnel, race doctor, ambulances and a medic motorbike.
– the elation of finishing one of the world’s truly magical marathon experiences.
– your finisher’s medal.
– your finisher’s tee shirt.
– lots of fruit and yet more water at the finish.
– post race refreshments in Peacockes Hotel.
– buses back to Clifden, Oughterard and Galway.
Ultra Marathon (39.3 miles) 9:00am
Full Marathon (26.2 miles) 10:30am
Half Marathon (13.1 miles) 12:00pm
• Race bib postage available.
• Race bib collection in Galway city and Oughterard on Saturday 22nd April only.
10 Rathlao, Cartur Mor, Knocknacarra